In April 1908, Woodville Baptist Church was organized with
eighteen members and Brother W.D. Levy as the first pastor. A year later, a
wood frame church was built, and in 1915, the belltower was added. During this
time, Sunday School was organized in cooperation with a few other area
churches. Preaching was held at the Woodville Baptist church on the first
Sunday of the month while the White Church, Methodist Church, and Progressive
Primitive Baptist Church took the other Sundays. Sunday School rooms were built
in 1946, and in January of 1947 the churches of Woodville and Crawfordville
joined together and called Reverend Homer Duggar as pastor. He divided his time
between the two congregations.
The church's first Revival was held in July 1947.
On January 14, 1948, the church burned. Services were held in the White Primitive Baptist Church during construction of the new buildings. Very soon after their completion, services at the church began on a full-time basis. The church continued to grow during the 1950s with the addition of its own pastorium and two education buildings. The church was expanded in 1970 to allow for more pews, a new piano, and a new organ. A steeple and porch were also added.
The church family soon voted to purchase more land in order to build a larger sanctuary with more Sunday School rooms and administrative offices. This new building was dedicated on Homecoming Day- May 25, 1975.
Photo Credit (State Archives of Florida)